Purpose of this Tutorial
While the Bluemix team do well to make these sample projects as easy to implement as possible and provide the supporting documentation and instructions, this process is quite daunting from my experience. My goal is to take you through the entire process from having very little already set up, to running the Sample Project and sending Push Notifications to your devices from the Bluemix Cloud.
Overview of Tutorial Series
The first phase of this Series will focus on iOS and will be mostly made up of short videos. Once i’ve properly tested the Sample Project for Android I will initiate the next phase.
This Series will be broken down into the following Chapters/Blog Posts:
- Minimum requirements for iOS Push Notification Sample Project
- Set up Push Notification Certificate and Provisioning Profile on Apple Dev Center (Video Tutorial)
- Set up and configure you IBM Bluemix Mobile Cloud Project (Video Tutorial)
- Set up and configure Apple Push Notification Certificate for your Mobile Cloud Project (Video Tutorial)
- Download and install Bluemix Quickstart Push Sample Project for iOS (Video Tutorial)
- Deploy and test Quickstart Push Sample Project as an iOS App on your device (Video Tutorial)
I’ll get the Chapter on minimum requirements out in the next few days and will take it from there.Cheers for now. John