Hi Everyone. Well, here it is. I promised this yesterday, but I decided to include a Video walk through of the Timesheet Dashboard, and I struggled a bit to get the Dojo Accordion Control to work in IE7 & 8. Thanks Paul Withers for your help.
In this Blog Entry, I explain the technical features of the Timesheet Dashboard. To test out the Timesheet Dashboard, click here to open up the Ukuvuma Xpages Showcase. Additionally, you can watch the below video which gives you a walk through of the Timesheet System in our Xpages Showcase.
OVERVIEW OF TIMESHEET DASHBOARD:
The idea behind the Timesheet Dashboard, is to allow Users to quickly Add, View and Edit their Timesheets without having to navigate away from the Page or wait for the Page to reload. This is where Xpages is very powerful. once the Users Timesheets are added, they can then navigate to the Project Manager Report and view their captured timesheets per Project.
TECHNICAL INFORMATION REGARDING THE TIMESHEET DASHBOARD:
The Timesheet Dashboard makes use of the following additional Custom Controls that aren’t shipped with Domino 852:
- Dojo Accordion Container + Pane – Used to separate General Details from Claim Details – ( Xpages Extension Library )
- Tooltip Control – Used to create Tooltip Popups when hovering over Information or Help Icons – ( Xpages Extension Library )
- Dialog + Dialog Button Bar – Used to Edit Timesheet Records in the Repeat Control – ( Xpages Extension Library )
- View Picklist Control – Used to select Projects for the Timesheet Document – ( Mark Hughes )
- The Dojo Accordion Container does not work properly in IE7 and 8 if you do not specify a height in the Style Properties.
- Add a Panel to each Accordion Pane and then add your content into the Panel.
- Make sure that your Tooltip Controls refresh if the controls they are mapped to are refreshed. If not, they lose their binding to the mapped Control.